The extras and featured player casting director for the upcoming Paramount Famous Productions film Mean Girls 2 is holding open casting calls for Atlanta area people who would like to appear in the film. No experience is necessary.
Actress and Director Melanie Mayron has been brought in to helm the movie. Mayron has directed numerous television shows such as The Naked Brothers Band, 90210, Lipstick Jungle, Greek, Drop Dead Diva, and Army Wives. She won an Emmy Award in 1989 for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for her role of Melissa Steadman in Thirtysomething.
Mean Girls 2 is being penned by veteran writers Cliff Ruby and Elana Lesse, along with long-time production assistant Allison Schroeder. Schroeder wrote an episode of the new 90210 series titled "That Which We Destroy", in which she worked with director Melanie Mayron.
Paramount Famous Productions is the made-for-home entertainment division of Paramount Pictures Corporation. The division develops and produces prequels, sequels and remakes based on the libraries of Paramount Pictures, Paramount Vantage, DreamWorks Pictures, MTV Films and Nickelodeon Movies, as well as other renowned properties. Paramount Famous Productions recently has made its first acquisition of Galt Niederhoffer’s Sundance premiere "The Romantics" – an all-star film with Katie Holmes, Josh Duhamel, Anna Paquin, Malin Akerman, Adam Brody, Candice Bergen, and Elijah Wood.
Shooting begins in Atlanta, GA on July 6, 2010 and will run through August 20, 2010.
Open Casting Call Details
● Casting ages 16 and up all looks.
● Anyone with cool, funky hairstyle, eyeglasses, or Art Gallery looks.
● High school sports fans, Mom and Dad types, with a Midwest feel.
● Mall rats, skater looks and preppies.
● Real Cheerleaders and High School Jocks. Come in high school attire.
● Looking for Asian-American and Latin-American actors for very featured bit roles.
● No Logos of any kind.
● Absolutely no red, white, or any bright colored clothing.
● No loud, busy prints or patterns.
● Come dressed in high school attire, jeans, ringer t-shirts, hoodies, skirts, cheer uniforms, etc.
● Feel free to bring backpacks, book bags, beanies, kangols, eclectic outfits and accessories.
● Arrive in style, simple jewelry is best, with hair and make-up camera ready
Please bring official state ID such as driver’s license, birth certificate, USA Passport, etc. School ID’s are not sufficient.
The Ernst and Young Building
Lower Level vacancy
55 Ivan Allen Blvd NE
Atlanta, GA 30308
Click Here for directions.
Saturday, June 26, 2010
9:00am to 12:00pm
Sunday, June 27, 2010
11:00am to 2:00pm
Do NOT send photos and resumes to the production companies (they will most likely end up in the trash can), they do not cast the films. They hire casting directors who sort through the thousands of submissions.
Paramount Famous Productions
5555 Melrose Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90038
Principal Actor Casting:
5555 Melrose Ave.
Dreier Bldg. Rm. 105
Los Angeles, CA 90038
Click Here for principal actor casting information.
Extras and Featured Player Casting (Atlanta):
Bill Marinella Casting
Peachtree City, GA
Producer: Louis Feola
Director: Melanie Mayron
The story revolves around a new high school student, Jo, who agrees to befriend an outcast, Abby, at the urging of Abby’s wealthy father in exchange for paying all of Jo’s costs for the college of her dreams. Jo and Abby team up to take on the school’s “mean girls,” the Plastics. The story becomes a high stakes battle of loyalty that ultimately comes to a head when one of our heroines finds out that her friendship has been bought and paid for.