"Midnight Special" begins shooting in February, 2014.
AB Media Publishing, LLC
Update 10-1-2013: NEW open casting call scheduled for Saturday October 6, 2013 in Baton Rouge, LA for lead roles. Details below.
Automatik Entertainment and Sarah Green Film Group are in pre-production on the Warner Bros. Pictures sci-fi adventure film "Midnight Special", and the casting director is holding an open casting call in Baton Rouge, Louisiana for boys to play lead roles in the movie. The open casting call is part of a nationwide search for spirited, interesting, smart and creative boys ages 6-10. Shooting will commence in February, 2014. The location where filming will take place is Austin, Texas and possibly in Louisiana.
"Midnight Special" is a present day sci-fi chase film, and centers on a father and his 8-year old son who go on the run when dad realizes the boy has some kind of special powers. Starring is Academy Award nominee Michael Shannon and Australian actor Joel Edgerton. Golden Globe Award nominee Kirsten Dunst has also joined the cast playing the female lead. Two-time Independent Spirit Awards nominee Jeff Nichols will direct from an original screenplay that he wrote himself.
Academy Award nominee Sarah Green will produce "Midnight Special" under the banner of her production company "Sarah Green Film Group". Green earned her Oscar nod in the category of Best Motion Picture of the Year for "The Tree of Life" in 2011. She previously collaborated with Jeff Nichols when she produced "Mud", for which Nichols directed and wrote. Brian Kavanaugh-Jones will also produce for Automatik Entertainment. FilmNation Entertainment CEO Glen Basner will executive produce along with Christos V. Konstantakopoulos. Warner Bros. will handle domestic distribution.
"Midnight Special" New Orleans Open Casting Call Details
Sarah Dowling Casting is conducting a nationwide search for boys who can portray the 6-10 year old age range to be considered for lead roles in the Warner Bros. Pictures feature film "Midnight Special". The following open casting call is seeking the following:
• Caucasian Boys, ages 6-10. Spirited, interesting, smart and creative personalities. With a particular wisdom, intelligence or "old soul" quality. Boys who are in gifted and talent programs are encouraged to apply. All looks and body types are welcome. The casting director is especially looking for a boy with large or unique eyes. If your child speaks Spanish or another second language, please let them know at the time of your interview.
While acting experience is not necessary, the production will provide compensation on the scale of professional actors.
The Crowne Plaza
4728 Constitution Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
Click Here for directions.
There is free parking at the hotel.
Sunday, October 6, 2013
10:00am - 4:00pm
All talent MUST be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
ALL talent including minors and foreign actors MUST be legally eligible to work in the state of Texas and in the United States.
The 2013 Austin Actors Resource Guide eBook comes with free quarterly updates and includes the following information and documents for adults, minors, and foreign talent who would like to work as an actor or extra on film and television productions in Texas and the United States:
• Child Labor Laws in Texas
• Summary of the Texas Child Labor Law
• Texas Child Labor Law FAQ
• Texas Limitations on Employment of Child Actors
• Texas Application for Child Actor - Performer Authorization
• Texas Application Exceptions for Child Extras
• Texas Workforce Commission Teen Application for Certificate of Age
• Texas Child Labor Complaint Form
• USA Child Actor Work Permit Requirements
• USA Immigration Work Permits and Visas
• Non-Immigrant Visa Application
In addition to the following Austin Actors Resources:
• Audition Tips
• How To Make an Audition Video
• Austin Casting Directors List
• Austin Extras Casting Directors List
• General Talent Agent Information
• Austin Talent Agents List
• Austin Acting Coaches, Classes, and Schools List
• Austin Headshot Photographers List
• Headshot Mass Printing Photo Labs
• Actors Unions
• Sample Actors Resume
• Sample Beginning Actors Resume
• Sample Cover Letters
• Entertainment Industry Terminology
• Miscellaneous Austin Resources
• PDF Users Guide
The 2013 Actors Resource Guide eBooks are available here.
Principal Actor Casting
See the post titled Headshot and Resume Information regarding how to submit to casting directors for acting roles.
No phone calls or personal drop-offs.
1617 S. 2nd Street
Austin, TX 78704
I highly recommend that your 8x10 color headshot and resume along with the cover letter be sent in a 9 x 12 Clear Full Face Window Envelope with the photo visible in the window.
Click Here to purchase 9 x 12 Clear Full Face Window Envelopes.
The casting directors address should be written in all capital letters on the solid side of the envelope, with the name of the project you are submitting for written directly above the casting directors name. If the role that you are submitting for is available, it should also be written above the casting directors name.
"Role of _______"
CASTING DIRECTOR NAME
CASTING DIRECTOR ADDRESS
CASTING DIRECTOR CITY, STATE, ZIP CODE
Do NOT send photos and resumes to the production companies, as they will most likely end up being thrown away. They do not cast the films, rather they hire casting directors who sort through the thousands of submissions.
Sarah Green Film Group
451 Greenwich Steet
New York, NY 10013
8322 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Warner Bros. Pictures
4000 Warner Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91522
Executive Producers: Christos V. Konstantakopoulos, Glen Basner
Producers: Sarah Green, Brian Kavanaugh-Jones
Writer/Director: Jeff Nichols
A father and son go on the run after the dad learns his child possesses special powers.