A major feature film starring Josh Brolin is holding an open casting call on Saturday October 3, 2015 as part of a national talent search seeking a boy between 11-13 years of age to play a lead role in the project. The film is currently using the working title as simply "Untitled Jody Hill Project", and is listed at IMDb as "The Legacy of a Whitetail Deer Hunter". The film centers on a young boy named Jaden who reluctantly accompanies his dad, a nationally known hunter, on a hunting trip. The film stars Academy Award nominee Josh Brolin and two-time MTV Movie Awards nominee Danny McBride. Writers Guild of America WGA Award nominee Jody Hill is directing from a screenplay that she wrote along with John Carcieri and Danny McBride. Shooting will take place in Asheville, North Carolina from late October through late December, 2015.
"Untitled Jody Hill Project" National Talent Search Details
Casting directors for the "Untitled Jody Hill Project" are conducting a national talent search seeking the following LEAD ROLE for the Scott Rudin Productions feature film "The Legacy of the Whitetail Deer Hunter":
• JADEN - Male 10-13 years of age. No acting experience is necessary, as are looking for very real young talent who have a gift for telling stories and being themselves in front of the camera. A great sense of humor helps as well. Jaden is confident and considers himself to be pretty cool, while having a sixth-grade real boy quality. He is supposed to be bonding with his father on a hunting trip, but Jaden wants to do anything but that. LEAD ROLE
Brown Lane Studios
1499 Regal Row #503
Dallas, TX 75247
Saturday October 3, 2015
12:00pm - 5:00pm
Kids will be seen on a first-come, first-seen basis. No acting experience is necessary and no appointment required. If cast, compensation will be on the scale of professional actors.
No acting experience is necessary and no appointment required. If cast, compensation will be on the scale of professional actors.
For story purposes, we are looking for a male, Caucasian kid, age 11-13, that fits the following description:
*TRUE 12 YEAR OLD
*OPEN TO ALL DIFFERENT TYPES OF LOOKS & BODY TYPES
*OUT OF SHAPE KIDS ARE A PLUS
*ALTHOUGH IT IS NOT NECESSARY, GUITAR PLAYING IS A PLUS
*WE ARE VERY OPEN TO KIDS THAT HAVE NO ACTING EXPERIENCE!
IMPORTANT NOTE: All talent including minors and foreign actors must be legally eligible to work in North Carolina and in the United States. The North Carolina Actors Resource Guide eBook comes with free quarterly updates and includes the following information and documents for adults, minors, and foreign talent who would like to work as an actor or extra on film and television productions in North Carolina and the United States:
• USA Child Actor Work Permit Requirements
• North Carolina Child Performer Labor Law Information
• North Carolina Youth Employment Certificate Instructions
• North Carolina Youth Approval To Work Late Hours Form
• North Carolina Minor Intention To Employ Form
• North Carolina Dept. of Labor Rules and Regulations Relative to Employment of Children under 16 Years of Age.
• Immigration Work Permit Information
• Non-Immigrant Visa Application
• Links for Child Labor Information
In addition to the following North Carolina Actors Resources:
• Audition Tips
• How To Make an Audition Video
• North Carolina Casting Directors List
• North Carolina Extras Casting Directors List
• North Carolina Talent Agents List
• North Carolina Acting Coaches, Classes, and Schools List
• North Carolina Headshot Photographers List
• Headshot Mass Printing Photo Labs
• Miscellaneous North Carolina Resources
• Actors Unions
• Sample Actors Resume
• Sample Beginning Actors Resume
• Sample Cover Letters
• General Talent Agent Information
• Entertainment Industry Terminology
• PDF Users Guide
All Actors Resource Guide eBooks are available here.
If you are unable to attend the open casting call above, you can submit headshots and resumes to the following:
Principal Actor Casting
Rachel Tenner Casting
5657 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90036
I highly recommend that your 8x10 color headshot and resume along with the cover letter be sent in a 9 x 12 Clear Full Face Window Envelope with the photo visible in the window.
Click Here to purchase 9 x 12 Clear Full Face Window Envelopes.
Click Here to purchase the best resume and cover letter paper.
Do NOT send photos and resumes to the production companies, as they will most likely end up being thrown away. They do not cast the films, rather they hire casting directors who sort through the thousands of submissions.
Scott Rudin Productions
120 W. 45th Street
New York, NY 10036
Rough House Pictures
1722 Whitley Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90028
22 Elysium Gate 126-128
New Kings Road
A nationally known deer hunter takes his young son along on a hunting trip.